Thursday, August 19, 2004

Tragic Moments in South Florida # 2



So it is the Friday after we arrived in town for the project. We are exhausted with a week of intense training, and had partied with our straight associates all week long. It was time to get a dose of the fabulous gay south Florida nightlife. After work we made our way to the Galleria to do some shopping. Now, appropriate attire for Dallas gay bars is jeans and a nice tight shirt. For some strange reason we figured south Florida would be a little more dressed up. I bought nice cute pair of ripped jeans with a black button up diesel shirt, to wear with some black diesel shoes. I was a little pale, so I figured I would go tan before we went out (spray tan). I ended up double dipping, which means you tan in a bed first which opens up the pores in your skin and then you get the spray tan. It is supposed to make the tan last longer and go deeper into the skin. I think they where just trying to get more money out of me. I was told with my tragic skin tone, that 6 minutes would be good. After I finished my tan, I went back to the hotel to get ready.

We where told from some co-workers the best places to go was Georgie’s Alibi first and then to the Coliseum afterwards well we did not get to Alibis until almost 11pm, and it was tragic, I was so creped out. I told Aaron, um I can’t go in their…he was like come on, we will ask someone where to go next. We walked in like we owned the damn place and asked where all the cute boys go after this place, and they where like um I guess Copa…. or what are you in to? I was like what? He (aka old creepy man) was like I mean do you like to just drink or do you party? He was like the kids that like to “PARTY” go to Colisum….I was like Coliseum it is.

We pulled up, only to find that you can only Valet Park and it was crowded at the door. Now, we are not pretentious at all….ok we are, but can you imagine pulling up to a new bar in a RENTAL, and a 4-door Alero, can we say TRAGIC! After parking and going inside, we felt totally over dressed, I don’t think anyone had their shirts on, and it was College night so there was twinks and tweakers everywhere. Turned out, no one was friendly, and SUPPOSEDLY NO ONE PARTIED, I thought that was wired since everyone was drinking bottled water. I met some cute guy that, when I asked him if he partied (hence the water bottle in his hand) and he asked me if I was an under cover cop and said no he is a recovering alcoholic, YEAH, WHATEVER. We got tore up as usual and went home, the club was cool, but very clicish.
Posted by Hello

No comments: